Monday, January 4, 2010

Book Recommendations

Book Recommendations

Hi there. Again, since I'm just starting out, I'm trying to get a foundation laid out fast. It might seem weird, but I need to give out some book recommendations,book reviews, and some possible book/story ideas of my own soon.

Today's topic: Book recommendations!
I read a lot of realistic fiction and fantasy, with the occasional sci-fi.
My favourite sci-fi book are:
Gone Series by Micheal Grant

My favourite realistic fiction books are:

Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie by David Lubar

Snitch by Allison van Diepen

Flipped by Wendelin van Draanen

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

Bleach Blonds series by Katherine Applegate

and My favourite Fantasy? here you go

Harry Potter J.K. Rowling (duh!)

Warriors saga by the awesome amazing women who make up Erin Hunter and her Golden Keyboard.

Vladimir Tod series by the fangtastic Heather Brewer-- Eleventh Grade Burns is almost out!!!!! OH MY VLAD!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH*aspiring authoress(me!) faints from lack of oxygen*

Varjak Paw by SF Said-- Come on man/woman! WRITE ANOTHER BOOK! YOU CAN JUST LEAVE YOUR AND VARJAK'S FANS HANGIN!! *aspiring authoress drowns in her own tears*

Uglies series by Scott Westerfield

Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin

Inheritance Cycle(aka the Eragon book series)


Alright, What do you think? I'll probably write reviews of as many of these books that i can.
I have a massive turn-this-in-or-fail-my-class, counts-for-60%-of-my-grade project due in about a month. Also, standardized testing is coming up in a few months and my school needs to keep up it's "highest in academics for a public school in this city" hoity-toity nose-in-the-air crap. Which means my teachers are driving info through our skulls using rusty lobotomy tools. AAAHH! my one demonic Satan worshipper-I mean teacher-is taking some sort of sadistic enjoyment in it, too! she even says, "My favourite part of my job is ruining the weekends of my students." almost every day!right too our faces with this big-a** grin on her face!
so my updates might become a bit more far between. Some of you are probably dancing around your room, yelling "hallelujah! i don't have to listen to this weirdo anymore!
Well you're just a meanie poo-face! so there!

Also, please check out Bathory Gazette and Heather Brewer's blog!

Most importantly, please follow me!!!!!!!!!!!! i currently have none!zero! nein followers!one less than uno! Please! Please. Please? plz.

is blogging stupid? ooohhh i know, follow me to answer. you know you want tooooooooo...

Take care, or at least try to not die while I'm gone.

-Anna Gangwar

No comments: